Tuesday, June 29, 2004

to sympathize with OR for sympathizing with

By showing that South Africa does not have a free market and is in fact a kind of collectivist welfare state for Whites only, Sowell argues that American conservatives have no valid ideological grounds to be in sympathy with the Pretoria regime.

(A) to be in sympathy with
(B) to sympathize with
(C) for sympathizing with
(D) that they should sympathize with
(E) that they should have sympathy for

Here POE helped me get down to A or C as the answer, but which one?

One suggestion on the forum was that the differnece is in the tense and that simple past should be preferred over past perfect. This means B is preferred over C as the answer.

But there are people who think C is correct. I fail to understand why...

4 Comments:

Blogger job opportunitya said...

Delightful blog. I devote my spare time just
looking for great blogs such as yours. I treasure this
site and will go back!
Please proceed to my free term life insurance quote blog when you find the time.

5:24 PM  
Blogger job opportunitya said...

Incredible blog. I admired your site and I will be
back once again to view it! I use much of my spare
time searching for blogs like yours.
Check out my rop term life insurance quote blog, you won't be sorry!

3:25 AM  
Blogger job opportunitya said...

Super blog. I web surf when I have the time for
blogs like this one.Your site was nice and will be
visited again!
Please go over my health insurance quote short term blog.

7:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey then what is the correct answer.
According to me it is B

4:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home